Two Cold Fronts, 18 June 2004.
- The early morning event looks like a weak cold front though there
were no clouds (this was reported to us by an observer who was roused
from her sleep by the strength and suddeness of the wind.
- The afternoon event was quite spectacular with heavy clouds approaching
from the east.
- Sudden wind gusts caused a momentary power outage in our building.
- several patches of virga were observed but no precip was recorded at our
- we noted the interesting amplification in the solar forcing before the
clouds covered the sun.
- the times of the two events have been marked on each figure below with
vertical dashed lines.
Here is the data.