Temperature = 10.1C at Ian Stewart Complex/Mt. Douglas High School Temperature = 10.1C at Strawberry Vale Elementary School Temperature = 10.4C at Oaklands Elementary School Temperature = 10.1C at Cedar Hill Middle School Temperature = 10.4C at Marigold Elementary School/Spectrum High School Temperature = 10.5C at Campus View Elementary Temperature = 10.5C at Victoria High School Temperature = 9.9C at Frank Hobbs Elementary School Temperature = 10.4C at James Bay Elementary School Temperature = 10.4C at Victoria West Elementary School Temperature = 10.8C at Shoreline Middle School Temperature = 10.4C at Willows Elementary School Temperature = 10.6C at Sir James Douglas Elementary School Temperature = 10.6C at Tillicum Elementary School Temperature = 10.1C at Torquay Elementary School Temperature = 10.4C at Monterey Middle School Temperature = 10.3C at Lake Hill Elementary School Temperature = 9.8C at Rogers Elementary School Temperature = 10.6C at Cloverdale Elementary School Temperature = 9.9C at Hillcrest Elementary School Temperature = 10.4C at Lansdowne Middle School Temperature = 10.2C at Doncaster Elementary School Temperature = 10.2C at Glanford Middle School Temperature = 10.4C at Reynolds High School Temperature = 10.9C at Esquimalt High School Temperature = 9.5C at Lochside Elementary School Temperature = 10.6C at Craigflower Elementary School Temperature = 10.2C at Quadra Elementary School Temperature = 10.1C at Central Middle School Temperature = 10.4C at Lambrick Park High School Temperature = 10.6C at McKenzie Elementary School Temperature = 10.6C at SJ Willis Alternative School Temperature = 10.3C at Arbutus Middle School Temperature = 10.3C at Gordon Head Middle School Temperature = 10.3C at Colquitz Middle School Temperature = 10.1C at View Royal Elementary School Temperature = 10.6C at Margaret Jenkins Elementary School Temperature = 10.2C at L'École Victor Brodeur Temperature = 10.4C at Glenlyon Norfolk Junior School Temperature = 10.2C at Swan Lake Nature House Temperature = 10.2C at View Royal Fire Department Temperature = 10.4C at UVic Science Building Temperature = 10.5C at Elizabeth Buckley School - Cridge Centre Temperature = 10.3C at Camosun College Lansdowne Temperature = 10.2C at St. Michaels University School Senior Campus Temperature = 10.3C at UVic Social Sciences and Mathematics Building Temperature = 10.2C at St. Michaels University School Junior Campus Temperature = 10.9C at Portage Inlet Temperature = 10.4C at Trial Island Lightstation Temperature = 9.7C at Longacre Temperature = 10.5C at Fernwood Neighbourhood/Victoria VeloTech Temperature = 10.5C at St Joseph's Elementary School

School-Based Weather Station Network

Greater Victoria

This figure shows current observations at all stations in Victoria.
Temperature at our weather stations (142/163). Place your mouse over a station (diamond) to see the current temperature at that location. Other variables can be found on our two-dimensional plot page. See Victoria, Saanich Peninsula, West Shore, Gulf Islands, Greater Victoria. See also: NanaimoWeather.ca, IslandWeather.ca.

School District 61 (Greater Victoria) is changing their district wide network configuration. This means that many of our stations are offline or will go offline until we can get to the sites and reconfigure our data logging computers. Please be patient during this transition.

Our iPad and iPhone app is now available from the App Store.

Twitter: @vanisleweather.

Victoria Forecast

FPCN11 CWVR 210725 AAC Updated forecasts for the south coast of British Columbia issued by Environment Canada at 11.25 pm pst Saturday 20 December 2014 for tonight Sunday and Sunday night. The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Sunday.

FPCN11 CWVR 210308 AAB Updated forecasts for the south coast of British Columbia issued by Environment Canada at 7.08 pm pst Saturday 20 December 2014 for tonight Sunday and Sunday night. The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Sunday.

FPCN11 CWVR 210012 AAA Updated forecasts for the south coast of British Columbia issued by Environment Canada at 4.12 pm pst Saturday 20 December 2014 for tonight Sunday and Sunday night. The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Sunday.

Greater Victoria. Wind warning in effect. Tonight..Rain ending late this evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind southeast 50 to 70 km/h becoming southwest 40 to 60 early this evening except gusting to 90 near Juan de Fuca Strait this evening and after midnight. Wind becoming southwest 30 overnight. Low 9. Sunday..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Windy. High 11. Sunday night..Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers early in the evening then partly cloudy. Windy. Low 7.

FPCN11 CWVR 210000 Forecasts for the south coast of British Columbia issued by Environment Canada at 4.00 pm pst Saturday 20 December 2014 for tonight Sunday and Sunday night. The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Sunday.

Greater Victoria. Tonight..Rain ending late this evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind southeast 40 to 60 km/h becoming southwest 40 to 60 early this evening except gusting to 90 near Juan de Fuca Strait this evening and after midnight. Wind becoming southwest 30 overnight. Low 9. Sunday..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Windy. High 11. Sunday night..Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers early in the evening then partly cloudy. Windy. Low 7.

Stations in the Network

Deep Cove Elementary School
Date:2014/12/21, 02:37
Temperature: 10.4 °C
L: 7.7 °C, H: 12.7 °C
Humidity: 79 %
Dewpoint: 7 °C
Pressure: 1003 hPa barometer trend
Insolation: 0 W/m2
UV Index: 0
Rain: 0.00 mm
Wind Speed: 10 km/hr WSW
Max: 16.1 km/hr

On 3 July 2000, 330 millimetres of rain fell on Vanguard Saskatchewan. The resulting flooding destroyed many of the roads around the town.

Select a different location.

All Stations, One Variable

See plots for a single variable at all of the stations in the network.

Recent Observations

See a graphical summary of the latest observations across the entire network.

Now storing at least 5 969 141 607 observations.

Science Building Camera

Forest fire danger class rating

Today (so far)

2014-12-21LowAvg.High
Temperature (°C) 2.6 9.2 12.7
Humidity (%) 7.0 86.3 100.0
Pressure (hPa) 992.8 1000.3 1006.5
Wind Speed (km/hr) 0.0 9.2 77.0
Wind Gust (km/hr) 0.0 15.6 90.1
Total Rain (mm) 0.0 0.1 2.0
Insolation (W/m^2) 0.0 0.0 0.0

Yesterday

2014-12-20LowAvg.High
Temperature (°C) 3.4 8.3 14.4
Humidity (%) 0.0 92.0 100.0
Pressure (hPa) 985.7 997.1 1009.7
Wind Speed (km/hr) 0.0 10.6 92.4
Wind Gust (km/hr) 0.0 18.5 103.0
Total Rain (mm) 0.0 9.1 87.6
Insolation (W/m^2) 0.0 9.2 225.7

These values include observations from all stations in the network. Low is the smallest value recorded; high is the largest value; average is the average of all values at all times for the day.

Environment Canada provides today's Almanac for the Victoria International Airport.

Contact information

For further information or data inquiries please contact us at weather@ocean.seos.uvic.ca. If you find a problem or have a question about the site please be sure to send the relevant site and page address (the URL from your browser's address bar). Also include a screen capture image if you can so that we can see what you are seeing.

Site Map

This page took 9.2 ms to generate.

Disclaimer:

Data from the School-Based Weather Station Network in Victoria, BC, Canada, are made freely available "as is" to the public with no guarantee of accuracy or availability. Commercial use requires a license. Please contact weather at ocean.seos.uvic.ca for more information.
This work (this site and all contents not otherwise attributed) by School-Based Weather Station Network is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.victoriaweather.ca/disclaimer.php
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Valid HTML 5
Powered By IDL
Last Modified: June 26 2013 15:30:28.