Temperature: 8.3 °C at Butchart Gardens Temperature: 7.5 °C at Cordova Bay Elementary School Temperature: 7.2 °C at Deep Cove Elementary School Temperature: 7.1 °C at Keating Elementary School Temperature: 7.7 °C at Lochside Elementary School Temperature: 7.4 °C at Prospect Lake Elementary School Temperature: 7.4 °C at Sidney Elementary School Temperature: 7.2 °C at Parkland Secondary School Temperature: 6.3 °C at Cal Revelle Nature Sanctuary Temperature: 7.2 °C at Frances Kelsey Secondary School Temperature: 7.7 °C at Brentwood Elementary School Temperature: 6.8 °C at Kelset Elementary School Temperature: 5.9 °C at RASC Victoria Centre

School-Based Weather Station Network

Greater Victoria

This figure shows current observations at all stations in Victoria.
Temperature at our weather stations (129/155). Place your mouse over a station (diamond) to see the current temperature at that location. Other variables can be found on our two-dimensional plot page. See Victoria, Saanich Peninsula, West Shore, Gulf Islands, Greater Victoria. See also: NanaimoWeather.ca, IslandWeather.ca.

New: An Android app is now available to access data from this network. It's in beta, give it a try.

Our iPad and iPhone app is now available from the App Store.

Twitter: @vanisleweather.

Victoria Forecast

FPCN11 CWVR 232300 Forecasts for the south coast of British Columbia issued by Environment Canada at 4.00 pm pdt Thursday 23 March 2017 for tonight Friday and Friday night. The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Friday.

Greater Victoria. Tonight..Mainly cloudy. Showers beginning early this evening and ending after midnight then 40 percent chance of showers overnight. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h early this evening except 60 near Haro Strait. Low 7. Friday..Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. High 11. UV index 3 or moderate. Friday night..Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Becoming windy after midnight. Low plus 5.

Stations in the Network

Sidney Elementary School
Date:2017/03/24, 05:11
Temperature: 7.4 °C
L: 6.4 °C, H: 10.9 °C
Humidity: 91 %
Dewpoint: 6 °C
Pressure: 1007 hPa barometer trend
Insolation: 0 W/m2
UV Index: 0
Rain: 0.00 mm
Wind Speed: 5 km/hr SE
Gust: 8.1 km/hr

The most rainfall ever recorded in one day at one location was 182 cm at Foc-Foc on the Ile de Réunion, in the Indian Ocean.

Select a different location.

All Stations, One Variable

See plots for a single variable at all of the stations in the network.

Recent Observations

See a graphical summary of the latest observations across the entire network.

Now storing at least 7 774 216 645 observations.

Science Building Camera

Forest fire danger class rating

Today (so far)

Temperature (°C) 3.7 7.4 9.7
Humidity (%) 0.0 82.2 100.0
Pressure (hPa) 970.2 1006.3 1010.1
Wind Speed (km/hr) 0.0 10.0 88.4
Wind Gust (km/hr) 0.0 17.0 96.6
Total Rain (mm) 0.0 0.8 8.6
Insolation (W/m^2) 0.0 0.0 0.0


Temperature (°C) 0.7 7.2 12.0
Humidity (%) 0.0 77.7 100.0
Pressure (hPa) 971.8 1012.6 1018.8
Wind Speed (km/hr) 0.0 6.2 101.0
Wind Gust (km/hr) 0.0 12.3 111.1
Total Rain (mm) 0.0 1.0 53.1
Insolation (W/m^2) 0.0 89.4 933.0

These values include observations from all stations in the network. Low is the smallest value recorded; high is the largest value; average is the average of all values at all times for the day.

Environment Canada provides today's Almanac for the Victoria International Airport.

Contact information

For further information or data inquiries please contact us at weather@uvic.ca. If you find a problem or have a question about the site please be sure to send the relevant site and page address (the URL from your browser's address bar). Also include a screen capture image if you can so that we can see what you are seeing.

Site Map

This page took 12.7 ms to generate.


Data from the School-Based Weather Station Network in Victoria, BC, Canada, are made freely available as is to the public with no guarantee of accuracy or availability. Commercial use requires a license. Please contact weather at uvic.ca for more information. This work (this site and all contents not otherwise attributed) by School-Based Weather Station Network is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License

Valid HTML 5
Powered By IDL
Last Modified: June 27 2016 15:16:00.